I was greatly inspired by a two paragraph article I read several months ago in dBusiness Magazine. It was an attorney sharing his tremendous growth in his company. He stated his father-in-law challenged him to hire an assistant for $40K per year so he could grow his business. The attorney admitted that he was barely making that per year himself and how could he possibly do this? But he took on the challenge. He hired a very competent legal assistant and delegated everything but sales and marketing - within one year he was operating a million dollar business.
I have implemented hiring employees into my wellness company and have had as many as six employees at a time. It can be rough at times and demanding, but it is clear how much quicker your business can grow by delegating and duplicating. With clearly documented systems and processes, I was able to create specific responsibilities and expected results of each person in the company. Are you ready to delegate and duplicate?
Start by brainstorming your processes. You'll need a pad of Post-it's and a flip chart. Write on the Post-It's each step in the process you are designing. Stick them up on the flip chart and reorganize the tasks until you have everything documented. Next, enter this flow into your computer to share with your team. In the attached video, I share how to document a process flow in Microsoft Word for your business. View this video and begin to document the different work process flows you have within your company. Some topics to get you started include order taking, social media updates, blog updates, sales, accounting, product or service delivery, etc.
Lisa Meloche provides support for entrepreneur's to document their business processes allowing them to create the dream business they envisioned. Support services range from education and coaching to complete operations design and documentation. http://bodyworkalternatives.com/Organized_Operations.html
No comments:
Post a Comment